Monday, July 22, 2013

Make-up Tips: How to contour & highlight your face

Hi people! Today I'm going to be sharing one of my favourite makeup tricks with you guys which is highlighting and contouring! What is highlighting and contouring you may ask? It's a technique used by nearly every celebrity and model designed to bring light to certain features on your face while creating a shadow effect on others. Essentially, the goal is to create an illusion with makeup that draws attention to specific areas while diminishing the look of others. 

Once you've learned the basics of highlight and contour, you can make your nose smaller, your cheekbones more defined, your eyes brighter, and so much more.  So what are you waiting for? Let's start it! 

Before you can start to highlight and contour, you'll need to prepare some cosmetic to the job.

What you need to prepare?
-Foundation
-Foundation several shades darker than your skin
-Brightening  Primer
-Concealer 
-Setting powder
-Bronzer
-Highlighter
-Blushes 

Once you have the cosmetic, you're ready to start highlighting and contouring! Here's a breakdown of all the areas of the face I like to use this technique on, step-by-step: 


Cheeks:
- Start by applying your favorite blush. Concentrate the majority of the product on the apples of your cheeks, but also work any leftover product back towards your jawline for a more natural effect. 
- Apply highlighter right above the apples of your cheeks, following the natural line of your cheekbones.
- Create a more defined, angular look by applying contour color to the hollows of your cheekbones. If you're having trouble finding the hollow line, just suck in like you're making a fish face.

Extra Credit- Pull the contour color you just applied up into the sides of your forehead and down onto your jawline. This will create a "3" looking shape with the contour and works wonders to slim out your entire face. 

Nose: 
- Apply highlight color down the very center of your nose. The slimmer the line, the more narrow your nose will look. 
- Use contour color on each side of the bridge of your nose. I like to start from the tip of my nose and work my way up, as I find that makes it easier to ensure a straight line. If you have a bump in your nose or anything else you'd like to recede, be sure to go right over it with your contour product. 
- Blend, blend, blend! I like to blend the contour color down the sides of my nose, just to make sure there are no obvious lines left. 

Eyes:
- To look bright and wide awake, apply highlighter to the inner corners of your eyes and right below your brows. 


TAHDAHHH~! Here is the picture show that how I contour & highlight my face! I am satisfied with the result! (coz the photos are without any editing!)
I like my nose so much after that! ^^v

And there you have it! I like to use this trick all the time, so I'm glad I finally got around to sharing it with you guys! Hope it helped!

-End-




No comments:

Post a Comment